What’s Encouraging, Educational and helps to Equip you in your Home Educating Journey?
How about a Home Learning Conference?? …Say in the Langley area?? …Perhaps in late May??
Perhaps some of you have already heard that a few of the Christian DL schools in BC have been working hard to put on a wonderful, supportive Conference to be a blessing to you. Our RCOA administrative team has always gone up to Kelowna for the BC Christian Home Education Convention and will be doing so again this year. However, many of you find driving up to Kelowna and staying overnight just a little too overwhelming and time consuming. So, we really wanted all of our RCOA families to be able to experience such a rich and supportive event, so it really is going to happen!!! We are calling it the BC Home Learning Conference (BCHLC).
Here are the details about the Conference:
- Website: https://bchlc.ca/
- Location: Trinity Western University (Langley). What a beautiful campus!
- When: Friday May 25, and Saturday May 26
- Cost: $10 for both days including admittance to all speakers and workshops on a first come basis!!
- Why come?:
- You will be treated to some quality speakers and workshops to inspire and inform you.
- Browse through the materials of many wonderful vendors.
- To say ‘Hi!’ to us at our RCOA table.
- Great fellowship with other home educating families.
With the participant cost so low (we did that to really encourage you all to come), you will have to sign up reasonably quickly as the facility is limited to about 400 people.
What to do right now? Please follow the link (above) to the website, and you fill in the Registration form (that lets us know how many are coming and which speakers you would tentatively enjoy….it takes less than 5 minutes) for the BC Home Learning Conference, and then pay the $10.
PS: I heard that if enough Islanders want to attend there just might be a bus provided at a very low cost going over on the Saturday. For more information about that, please contact the coordinators for the BCHLC, who actually are our very own Vivian Roberts and Julie Woloschuk. You can reach them at their special email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This is going to be great! Don’t miss it!!
Mark Langley, Executive Director