In our effort to simplify and streamline our resource delivery process, we are trying a NEW approach this year for receiving your resources from Library World. As we walk through this process together, we would love to hear your feedback. Please share your thoughts with your home learning support teacher (HLST) or homeroom teacher. We are always looking for ways to serve you better. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!
Library World resources are shipped out to you from our Victoria office. RCOA will cover the cost of 4 shipments per family per year. This includes resources shipped to you from our office or you shipping resources back for a total of 4 shipments at no cost to you. If you use more than the 4 provided shipments, the shipping cost will be charged to your family account on OTIS. For those families in Victoria, we do ask that you arrange to pick up and drop off your library resources at our Victoria office when possible.
All Library World resources can be checked out for the entire school year, however, we do encourage you to return Support items and Kits when you have finished using them so that other families can borrow them too. To return library resources, we will offer a curriculum drop off day and time at each of our Community Class locations near the end of June. This date will be sent out via email at the beginning of June so that you can plan accordingly. If you want to return resources sooner than that, outlined below is our return procedure via shipment. Vivian Roberts, Curriculum Resource Manager & Librarian K-9, has created a video that explains the steps as written below. You can view the video here if you are a visual learner:).
Returning Library World Resources to RCOA’s office:
- Find a box that your books will fit snuggly in. You may find it helpful to keep the box that your books arrive in for shipping your resources back later in the year. Place your books in the box, and stuff newspaper in to fill up any loose areas.
- Using packing tape, tape up the box several times to ensure it is secure.
- Measure your box in centimetres for length, width, and depth, and write these measurements down. Weigh your books in kilograms and record the amount. You can weigh your box at any Canada Post location if you don’t have a scale that will work at home. We will also have scales available at the Community Class locations by the mid October, so you could bring your box when dropping off your kids, and weigh it there. Bring your box back home with you! Please do not leave it at Canada Post or the Community Class.
- Email Vivian Roberts the measurements for length, width, and depth (in centimeters), as well as the weight (in kilograms). email@example.com
- Vivian will create a Canada Post shipping label and email it to you. Print out the label, fold it in half with the address side showing, and tape securely onto the top of the box.
- Drop your box off at the nearest Canada Post location for shipping back to the office.
We pray this service is a blessing to you. Do share your thoughts on it with one of your teachers. We are grateful for your partnership