Just a note that all in-person third-party service providers (e.g., music lessons) need to have a health and safety plan. The Ministry of Education has asked that if a service is part of your child’s Student Learning Plan that you are aware of their protocols. We will ensure that the appropriate plans are in place for any service paid for by RCOA through your funding; please also ensure you understand the plans for any service you pay for independently.
Here is a checklist that you may find helpful when considering if a service provider has safety measures in place:
- physical distance, partitions and/or masks are used as needed
- cleaning and hygiene regimes are expected (i.e., provide adequate hand-washing facilities onsite, implement a cleaning protocol for all common areas and surfaces)
- policies about who can be onsite are implemented (i.e., anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19, travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days, identified by Public Health as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, been told to isolate by Public Health will not be onsite)
- communication plans are available (i.e., contact tracing process)
- staff are trained on the safety measures required
Please feel free to contact email@example.com if you have questions.