New and Exciting Opportunities in the Works for Face-to-Face High School (Grade 8-12)!
Excitement is brewing as we near the launch date of our proposed face-to-face schedules for the 2018/19 school year! Click here for a sneak peek at the schedules full of new initiatives we are planning in the areas of Applied Design Skills and Technology (ADST) and STEAM. Sign up for grade 8 – 12 clubs and classes opens in OTIS on June 1, 2018.
We would love to know the level of interest in the new initiatives planned. Please complete this SURVEY to express your interest. We will consider adding opportunities to various locations based on the feedback received in the survey.
- Live Streaming Senior Math and Science will be expanded to be available to both Island and Mainland. Within live-stream, students attend class within Zoom (video-conferencing platform) and participate in class real-time with their teacher and cohort (up to 10 students). Click here to read the Article by Mr. Andrew Easson for the details.
- Project X: What is PROJECT X? X is a variable in mathematics used to represent some unknown value; in this case the project has yet to be determined. Next year’s project could be a clean water project in Africa, or an electric car to transport people to church. It could be social justice work, or a food truck restaurant. We won’t know until the idea is chosen by the students. The X is also a representation of the cross and acknowledges that every undertaking should be Christ Centered. Click here to read the Article by Mr. Justin Willie for the details.
- Photo Journalism Student Virtual Yearbook Project will be face-to-face Vancouver Island based with monthly “field trips” and virtual collaboration…. but will allow for Mainlanders to contribute to the content. Stay tuned for more details!
- ADST 8/9 has had some fun options provided this year in our Clubs & Activities included: Interior Design, Esthetics, and Culinary Arts Club. In the 2018/19 school year we will add Robotics Club on Vancouver Island.
- We will offer a full ADST in Drafting 10-12 via a 3D Printing Class with CAD Inventor course part-time face-to-face on Vancouver Island and part-time via live streaming. Check out this article for more details on what we did this school year. If there is enough interest from Mainlanders, we will offer this as a full livestreaming course.
Along with the exciting new initiatives above, we will continue to offer your same favorite courses in face-to-face formats in various locations on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. Sign up for clubs and classes opens June 1, 2018 and placement in the clubs and classes is secured when you pay the non-refundable deposit which is a percentage of the fees for the clubs you choose.