RCOA is pleased to announce our NEW digital library, Sora, where you will find a variety of eBooks and audiobooks to borrow. Sora currently operates on a family account, using your OTIS email and password. As our library is starting small and still growing, families are able to borrow 3 books at one time for a period of 2 weeks.
Here’s how to get started with Sora:
- Sora can be accessed either through your desktop or laptop at soraapp.com or by installing the Sora app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- In Sora, either click the Find your School link and search for Regent Christian Online Academy, or enter our School’s Setup Code, which is regentca. Then sign in with your OTIS email and OTIS password.
- Browse the Explore tab, look through our Collections, and click borrow when you find a book you would like. Your book will open so you can start reading right away. Remember you may borrow 3 books at one time for a period of 2 weeks. If a book that you’re wanting is already checked out to someone else, you may place a hold on it.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your loans and holds. From there, you can:
- Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Tap Options to renew or return the book, see any notes or highlights you’ve made in the book, and more.
- Click on your Home button to:
- View Assignments, which are books that are assigned to high school learners only. Assignment books can be assigned to a learner for up to 180 days and cannot be returned early by the learner.
- See any Recently defined words.
- See any Recent notes and highlights.
If you have questions or need further assistance with Sora, please ask your Home Learning Support Teachers(HLST) or homeroom teacher for help.
You can also save this sora-getting-started-guide to your computer for reference