Applications for internet reimbursement are accepted between April 1st and April 30th only. Please add these dates to your calendar now to be sure you don’t miss the opportunity to apply for the reimbursement. We are not able to make exceptions to these dates. Mailed applications, along with all required documentation, must be postmarked on or before April 30th.
You will find the Internet Reimbursement Form in the “Online Forms” tab on OTIS, listed under “Other Forms“. Along with the online form, you will be asked to submit a copy of your most current internet bill and some direct deposit information (if not already on file). If you did not apply for the internet reimbursement in April 2018, you will be required to provide two internet bills in April 2019; one that shows you paid for internet in September 2018 and another that shows you are still paying now. You can do this by completing two OTIS Internet Reimbursement forms.
- RCOA will reimburse 60% of internet service provider costs incurred directly by a family for the academic school year Sept-June, up to a maximum of $300 per year, per enrolled family. Internet reimbursement will be made on internet service costs only.
- For families with learners in Grades 10-12 ONLY, you will be reimbursed $35/individualized course, providing the course has been completed by June 14 and RCOA is the School of Record (SOR). The family maximum of $300/year still applies.
- RCOA pays to eligible applicants the internet reimbursement by direct deposit in mid-July.
To qualify for the internet reimbursement, you must:
- Not be receiving the reimbursement from another school. Families that have learners enrolled with other DL schools are only eligible for internet reimbursement from one school.
- Provide a current copy of your Internet service provider bill via upload to the Internet Reimbursement Form on OTIS when it opens for the month of April, showing clearly the billing name and address, as well as the actual internet charges (e.g., for Telus you would need to submit page 1, for Shaw, you would need to submit page 1 and 2). *If you did not apply for the Internet Reimbursement in April 2018, you will need to also submit a bill from September 2018 to show you have paid internet for the 2018/19 school year.
- Pay your OTIS balance in full by June 14th at 4 pm. If you have a balance owing in OTIS after 4 pm on June 14, you will not qualify for any of the reimbursement AND your account will need to be paid in full before access to RCOA face-to-face classes is granted.
If you have questions about your OTIS balance, please contact any one of your teachers.
- Credit card payments will be taken by phone (250 592 1759 or toll-free 1 866 877 1737)
- PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org – please include your name in the notes)
- Cheques can be mailed to the office (#105 – 4475 Viewmont Avenue, Victoria, BC V8Z 6L8) *must be received prior to June 14th at 4 pm
- Cash (only if hand delivered to Victoria office)
*We will transition to using TUIO for all payments in the 2019/20 school year. This year we are using TUIO only for registration fee payments.
Families not returning to RCOA for the 2019/20 school year who have not returned their loaned curriculum by June 28th at 4 pm will forfeit in full their eligibility for the internet reimbursement AND must clear their account including late/replacement fees and restocking fees.
Please be sure to ask questions of any one of your teachers if you are unclear about any of the above.
~Please note that 2018/19 is the final school year that the Ministry of Education will allow Distributed Learning (DL) schools to offer the Internet Reimbursement. This is a Ministry of Education decision and affects all DL schools in British Columbia; independent and public alike.