Applications for internet reimbursement are accepted between April 1st and April 30th only. Please add these dates to your calendar now to be sure you don’t miss the opportunity to apply for the reimbursement. We are not able to make exceptions to these dates. Mailed applications, along with all required documentation, must be postmarked on or before April 30th.
You will find the Internet Reimbursement Form in the “Online Forms” tab on OTIS, listed under “Other Forms“. Along with the form, you will be asked to submit a copy of your most current internet bill as well as some direct deposit information. Eligible applicants will receive the reimbursement via direct deposit mid July.
- RCOA will reimburse 60% of internet service provider costs incurred directly by a family for the academic school year Sept-June, up to a maximum of $300 per year, per enrolled family. Internet reimbursement will be made on internet service costs only.
- For families with learners in Grades 10-12 ONLY, you will be reimbursed $35/individualized course, providing the course has been completed by June 15 and RCOA is the School of Record (SOR). The family maximum of $300/year still applies.
- RCOA pays the internet reimbursement by direct deposit in mid-July.
To qualify for the internet reimbursement, you must:
- Not be receiving the reimbursement from another school. Families that have students enrolled with other DL schools are only eligible for internet reimbursement from one school.
- Provide a current copy of your Internet service provider invoice via upload to the form on OTIS, showing clearly the billing name and address, as well as the actual internet charges (e.g., for Telus you would need to submit page 1, for Shaw, you would need to submit page 1 and 2).
- Pay your OTIS balance in full by June 15 at 4 pm. If you have a balance owing in OTIS after 4 pm on June 15, you will not qualify for any of the reimbursement AND your account will need to be paid in full before access to RCOA face-to-face classes is granted.
If you have questions about your OTIS balance, please contact any one of your teacher.
- Credit card payments will be taken by phone (250 592 1759 or toll free 1 866 877 1737)
- PayPal (email@example.com– please include your name in the notes)
- Cheques can be mailed to the office (#105 – 4475 Viewmont Avenue, Victoria, BC V8Z 6L8)
- Cash (only if hand delivered to Victoria office)
Families not returning to RCOA for the 2018/19 school year who have not returned their loaned curriculum by June 30 at 4pm will forfeit in full their eligibility for the internet reimbursement AND must clear their account including late/replacement fees and restocking fees.
Please be sure to ask questions of any one of your teachers ASAP if you are unclear about any of the above.